The Housing Authority of Covington has an opening for a Part-Time Office Aide, working in the City Heights location. This position provides clerical assistance involving the use of typing and general administrative skills. Also, the position delivers information from the Housing Manager and development office to the residents. Regular routine assignments may be performed independently in accordance with established procedures or policies. Any departures from established procedures are referred to Housing Manager for decision.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Copy, distribute, file and compose routine correspondence, memorandums and reports.
- Act as a courier to disseminate information to residents.
- Answer the telephone and resident inquiries for information or services and direct visitors to proper person.
- Act as a liaison between the development office and the residents.
- Keep Housing Manager informed of any noticeable irregularities concerning project grounds.
- Explain programs, policies and procedures to applicants and/or residents.
- Schedule appointments for Housing Manager.
- Assist in move in and move out process ensuring Housing Manager has necessary documentation to process.
- Assists Housing Manager with late rent approval forms.
- Assists with the scheduling of community rooms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of clerical experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience to meet the required knowledge.
- Must have a valid vehicle operator’s license.
Qualified applicants should submit resume to: HR@hacov.org.
The Housing Authority of Covington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.