Situated on an elevated plateau with panoramic views of downtown Covington and Cincinnati, City Heights (formerly Ida Spence Homes) was built in the early 1950's. Originally, the area was the site of a Benedictine monastery and vineyard. This hilltop also served as the base for Fort Henry during the American Civil War.
This family community features many benefits designed with children in mind. The on-site Resident Services staff has contributed to many thoughtful amenities including:
- Seasonal sports activities for youth
Located just 5 minutes from practically everything, residents are able to use local transportation (Bus #5 runs every 1/2 to 1 hour, 4:50 am - 10:00 pm) to visit downtown Covington & Cincinnati, Walmart, and the Covington Main Strauss Village.
When home, residents relax in their spacious apartments (510 - 1080 square feet), taking advantage of the many services and amenities provided by the Housing Authority:
- Washer/Dryer hookup in most units
- Onsite laundry for those without appliances
- Neighborhood convenience store
- Spacious closets
- Handicap accessible apartments
- Cable ready
- Satellite dishes allowed
- Basketball courts
- Electric & Gas included in your rent!
- Small pets welcome (with additional deposit)
- 24 hour on-site maintenance
- Picnic shelter
- Independent resident council
- After school programs
- All day summer program for youths
- Click here for a tour of our model apartment